iDEAL Advanced, Integrated, Zelfbouw for Magento 2
This is the iDEAL Advanced (ING Bank) / Professional (Rabobank) payment gateway integration for Magento. iDEAL is a payment gateway for the Dutch debit card market, supporting most Dutch banks. This particular extension integrates with both the ING Bank's "Advanced" subscription and the Rabobank's "Professional" subscription. Other subscriptions may also be supported, please contact the developer first. ING Bank and Rabobank are Dutch consumer banks operating from The Netherlands.
How It Works
Customers can choose their issuing bank in the Magento checkout (ING Bank, Rabobank, ABN Bank, Van Lanschot, KNAB, Friesland Bank en meer). After placing an order the customer is redirect to their web banking environment. After cancelling or succesfully completing the payment the customer is returned to the store. A background process initiates an Instant Payment Notification to update the order.
- supports new SEPA / iDEAL 3.3.1
- upload your certificates from the admin
- optional order email, optional invoice email, disable invoice creation
- show iDEAL Logo in checkout
- Shows payment information
- shows iDEAL statuses
- creates invoices & submits orde remail
- includes example certificates for testing
The web server needs to support a recent version of PHP openSSL (1.0 or higher).
This is the installation and configuration manual for iDEAL Advanced / Professional / Zelfbouw / Integrated, a payment method offered by various Dutch banks.
After downloading your order:
- Copy the files from the downloadable .zip to the Magento root
- Check that the extension files exist under /app/code/Appmerce/IdealAdvanced
Run the following commands on the Magento root:
- php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- php bin/magento cache:flush
- php bin/magento cache:clean
- php bin/magento indexer:reindex
- php bin/magento setup:di:compile
After downloading the extension, you must also run this command to install a necessary SDK library:
- composer require appmerce/ideal-sdk
Creating a Certificate
iDEAL uses so-called openSSL certificates. Note: this has nothing to do with your webshop's https:// SSL connection. Rather, it has something to do with the communication between iDEAL's bank interface and your website.
To create a certificate, follow these steps:
- Download and install openSSL for Windows
- Start the program openSSL.exe;
- Generate a private_key.pem file. Type the following line and replace password with your own password:
openssl genrsa -aes256 -out private_key_3.3.1.pem -passout pass:password 2048
- You will also need to enter this password in Magento later, so write it down and don't forget it.
- Create a private_cert.cer file, using the password entered above, by typing the following command:
openssl req -x509 -sha256 -new -key private_key_3.3.1.pem -passin pass:password -days 1825 -out private_cert_3.3.1.cer
- You will be asked to answer several questions. Answer them.
- You will need to upload private_key.pem and private_cert.cer (the files you generated) to the Magento admin later.
- The file private_cert.cer will have to be uploaded to the bank's iDEAL Dashboard as well.
Configuration - iDEAL Dashboard
Login to the Test Dashboard
You bank will provide you the login links. Note there are two kinds of dashboards, test and production. These have different URLs. Here's an example of a TEST dashboard URL:
- ABN AMRO Bank - https://abnamro-test.ideal-payment.de/ideal/logon_aab.do
Go to > Registration > Configuration
- Upload the private_cert.cer you generated and click 'start upload'
Configuration - Magento
Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Payment Methods > Appmerce - iDEAL Advanced
- Choose your Acceptant Bank (ING, Rabo, Friesland, etc.).
- Enter a Sub ID. Normally speaking, the correct value is 0 (zero). In some cases, you may have specified different Sub IDs. You can enter these per store-view. In doubt, leave it at value 0.
- Upload the private_cer.cer certificate. You will also have to upload this file tot he iDEAL Dashboard.
- Upload the private_key.pem file
- Enter the password you used when generating the file
- Upload the iDEAL certificate. This file can be downloaded from the iDEAL Dashboard of your bank. It is called ideal_v3.cer. You only need to upload this file to Magento, not to the bank environment.
Tests and Activation
Complete six test payments of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 EUR
In Magento, you will need to create a product worth exactly 1 EUR. Note the VAT and shipping amounts. The order total should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 7 EUR to complete the test required payments (in Test Mode!).
Some test payments will "fail". This is the intended approach. You will then be sent back to your shopping cart to try again. Once all 7 tests have been performed, you may go into your bank's Test Dashboard and Activate your subscription.
Login to Your Live Dashboard
Now you must repeat the configuration for the production Dashboard. An example of a production URL is:
- ABN AMRO Bank - https://abnamro.ideal-payment.de/ideal/logon_ing.do
Your bank will activate your subscription within 24 hours. Once enabled, you can start accepting payments.